I suggest you ...

There is no obvious 'start' point to creating a campaign on the share.habitat homepage

Anything that says, "Start a campaign" on the homepage.

16 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jeff Yost shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    AdminShare.Habitat (Share.Habitat, Share.Habitat) responded  · 

Thank you for contacting us. Please be aware that Share.Habitat is website specifically built for Habitat for Humanity US affiliates and International departments to set up their own campaign pages once we give them accounts.

We don’t have the ability to allow people to set up their own top level fundraising campaigns since each account and campaign must be hard coded with the correct financial codes. These codes insure the funds our generous donors contribute are disbursed to the correct event, project, affiliate or department to which they donated.

However, if you’re interested in fundraising for a specific Habitat for Humanity cause, please do read the different ways you can join up with Share.Habitat by reading our FAQ here: https://sharehabitat.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/184580-how-do-i-become-a-fundraiser-for-a-specific-campai

Thank you so much for your support and input.
    Share.Habitat Team

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminShare.Habitat (Share.Habitat, Share.Habitat) commented  · 

You are right. There isn't a "START" or "Create" button on the main Share.Habitat page. Additionally, there are some campaigns to which you cannot sign up to fundraise. This is for specific funding reasons.

All of our campaigns raise funds for a specific Habitat for Humanity projects, programs, events, or affiliates. To make sure that all funds raised get to their intended destination we have to code each campaign page. This coding allows our finance department to give the money to the Habitat entity our donors wanted their money to go to.

Unfortunately, this means that if visitors to our site could create their own campaigns, they wouldn't have this coding, and the funds wouldn't go where you had intended them to.

If you would like to raise money for Habitat for Humanity, please feel free to browse or search our site for a campaign you would like to join. You can even search by zip code to see efforts in your area.

If you are a Global Village participant, please contact your team leader or the Global Village department at gv@habitat.org for special instructions on how to sign up to fundraise for your trip.

Feedback and Knowledge Base