General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Include name of email recipient in list of emails sent.

I tend to send single, custom emails for each donation that comes in. When I go to the Sent emails list to double-check that I've contacted everyone, I simply see a list of email "subject lines", all of which are identical - with no reference to who they were sent to. I have to open each email to check. Thanks for considering!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Admin →

That is a great idea, Laurie. Currently the email address of your recipients are displayed on that list, but it makes sense that it would be even more helpful to also have the actual names of the recipients displayed as well.

We will definitely suggest this to our partner developers as a needed user experience upgrade.

Thanks for the great suggestion!

Share.Habitat Team

• Sharing

Hi there, I love your website and am finding it such a wonderful tool for fundraising. I am in Marketing so I understand that sharing is a very powerful way to increase awareness and reach more people, and ultimately raise more funds. However, on your site it's CONSTANTLY pushing me to share to all my social media accounts, and once linked I've found it shares updates without me realising it. This I do not like. There's nothing that puts my followers off more than over-sharing, and spamming my own news feed. I also like to make sure I'm sharing my…

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi. We’re very glad you enjoy our site. Over-sharing can be a problem, and none of us want to annoy potential donors by spamming our social media sites.
        Fortunately, you are able to control when they system auto posts to your linked social media accounts. If you click on the SETTINGS link found at the top of your campaign page, you’ll find sub tabs there for both your social media sites and for system generated emails. Be sure to look those over and un-check any events for which you don’t want the system to post on your behalf.
        Good luck with your fundraising!

• Have respect for others

I'm someone that loves to help people that doesn't hold faith in a god. I don't really like being inundated with religion. Had Habitat for Humanity been a more secular group I'd have remained with you guys, but the constant inclusion of god and prayer has led me to drop this cause because it is not respectful to those that don't hold the same faith as you. I am but one person, but I've always been vocal of my opinions, others are not as vocal. I assure you that your non-secular way of conducting business is pushing people away; it…

3 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thank you so much for your input. We always value the opinion of our supporters.

Though we were founded as and continue to be a Christian organization, we respect those not of our faith and invite them to participate with us, as employees, volunteers, donors or homeowner partners. We have built houses with homeowner partners of many different religions. We value our partnerships with people of all religions, as well as with those who embrace no religion. We certainly recognize that compassion and good works are not exclusively Christian virtues.

A key principle for Habitat for Humanity is what our founder, Millard Fuller, called “The Theology of the Hammer.” This concept holds that people of good will can lay aside their differences (religious, political, cultural, etc.) and pick up hammers to build in partnership with people in need, acting out of our common humane impulses. We have seen this diverse…

• There is no obvious 'start' point to creating a campaign on the share.habitat homepage

Anything that says, "Start a campaign" on the homepage.

16 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thank you for contacting us. Please be aware that Share.Habitat is website specifically built for Habitat for Humanity US affiliates and International departments to set up their own campaign pages once we give them accounts.

We don’t have the ability to allow people to set up their own top level fundraising campaigns since each account and campaign must be hard coded with the correct financial codes. These codes insure the funds our generous donors contribute are disbursed to the correct event, project, affiliate or department to which they donated.

However, if you’re interested in fundraising for a specific Habitat for Humanity cause, please do read the different ways you can join up with Share.Habitat by reading our FAQ here: https://sharehabitat.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/184580-how-do-i-become-a-fundraiser-for-a-specific-campai

Thank you so much for your support and input.
            Share.Habitat Team

• Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base